Imperial College London’s Learning and Teaching Strategy, launched in June 2017, sets out an ambitious programme of work aimed at establishing Imperial as a global leader in innovative, evidence-based education. Implementation of the strategy is underpinned by significant investment in education which will support innovative, evidence-based teaching and learning methods across the college. As part of this strategy the Faculty of Engineering is undertaking a process of pedagogical transformation of its modules in line with a faculty-wide curriculum review.
A key element of the Educational Technology (EdTech) team’s ambition to become a leading centre of excellence is delivering digitally enhanced, online and blended learning programmes. This ambition includes supporting the development and innovation in digital educational technologies and pedagogies for online teaching.
The post holder will work within the established processes and offer maintenance and customer support for online experiences to optimise the functionality within the college’s online systems. They will also work collaboratively with the wider learning technology community at the college, academic and teaching staff, ICT, and other colleagues that support teaching via eLearning methods and systems.
This role is your chance to be at the forefront of providing high quality learning solutions to meet the growing digital needs of education at a world leading university.
Duties and responsibilities
You will provide technical expertise, best practice knowledge and customer support of institutional tools. This includes working to ensure all tools are efficiently supported
and organising training for staff in new tools and processes, including devising and maintaining training materials.
You will undertake user testing and implementation of upgrades to any institutionally supported technologies (e.g. Blackboard, Panopto and other tools).
There will also be the opportunity to participate in technology pilots.
The essential requirements for this role are:
- Degree or equivalent qualification in a STEM discipline, with educational experience/knowledge; or equivalent professional experience and knowledge in learning technology, online learning or pedagogy.
- Knowledge and experience of virtual learning environments and associated products
- Experience of providing excellent customer support to an academic community and using customer support systems to track work
- Experience of supporting the use of eLearning in teaching activities
- Experience of prioritising tasks and independently managing a busy workload to ensure deadlines are met
- IT literate with good knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel & internet
- Knowledge of different delivery platforms and methods (web, mobile, podcasts), with an appreciation of the merits and drawbacks of different approaches
This is an full time open-ended appointment. Interviews for this role are scheduled for week commencing 2nd November 2020.
Candidates need to complete an online application for this role. For further details on the role please contact: Alastair Gemmill, Senior Learning Technologist (Faculty of Engineering) – firstname.lastname@example.org.
For technical issues when applying please email email@example.com.
To apply, visit www.imperial.ac.uk/jobs and search by the job reference ENG01407.