The Educational Developer (Reward and Recognition) will be part of the Teaching Learning and Employability Exchange and will contribute to the enhancement of teaching and learning at University of the Arts London by leading initiatives that raise the profile and expertise of those who teach and support learning.
You will develop and deliver UAL’s HEA accredited continuing professional development programme across all six Colleges and lead on the programme’s reaccreditation. Other main reward and recognition duties will include supporting the UAL Teaching Awards, Teaching Scholars’ scheme and Educational Enhancement Sabbatical Scheme.
The role will also involve:
- Supporting Colleges with setting and meeting Fellowship targets.
- Establishing and maintaining group networks and providing individual mentoring for HEA Fellowship claims up to Senior Fellow.
- Developing and maintaining a new VLE to support preparation of HEA Fellowship claims.
- Reviewing Fellowship claims and making professional recognition recommendations [dialogues].
- Preparation for Professional Recognition Programme review panels.
- Supporting UAL Thinking Teaching programme designed for UAL staff new to teaching, along with associated application for Associate Fellowship of the HEA.
- Supporting the annual training programme for new HEA Fellowship mentors and reviewers.
- Co-ordinating an annual CPD event to recognise staff achievement.
- Liaison with Advance HE and appropriate UAL HR liaisons.
- Teaching and assessing on Exchange academic programmes: Thinking Teaching, PgCert and MA Academic Practice in Art, Design and Communication.
- Attending academic programme-related meetings, examination boards and staff development as required.
- Working alongside the Arts Students’ Union to co-ordinate UAL’s student-led teaching awards.
- Mentoring UAL Teaching Scholars, Sabbatical awardees and Teaching and Learning Fund holders to complete and disseminate teaching enhancement projects.
- Contributing to individual and group-based research or scholarly activity
Why choose us?
University of the Arts London is a vibrant world centre for innovation, drawing together six Colleges with international reputations in art, design, fashion, communication and performing arts.
- Postgraduate degree (preferably in the arts, humanities, education or social sciences).
- Postgraduate qualification in Higher Education Teaching & Learning/Academic Practice or equivalent.
- Senior Fellow of the Higher Education Academy.
- Highly familiar with the UKPSF and range of evidence required for HEA Fellowship recognition.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge relating to professionalism in higher education, leadership, reflective practice.
- Teaching and assessing in Higher Education.
- Supporting academic development of staff.
- Extensive experience of reviewing HEA Fellowship claims.
If you have any queries, contact ADS Recruitment Team via email ADSstaffRecruitment@arts.ac.uk or telephone: 0207 514 2965 / 9627.
To apply, please click the apply button.
Closing date: 14 October 2020.
Appointment to this role will be subject to a criminal record check from the Disclosure and Barring Service before the appointment is confirmed. Having a criminal record will not necessarily bar you from employment. This will depend on the circumstances and background to your offence(s).
UAL is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive university – a place where we all can be ourselves and reach our full potential in our work, learning and creative practice. We offer a range of family friendly, inclusive employment policies, flexible working arrangements and Staff Support Networks. We welcome applicants from diverse backgrounds, including race, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion and belief, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, and caring responsibility.
Candidates are advised to submit applications early.