Excellent career development opportunity with promotion opportunities!
• POSITION : Laundry Assistant
• START DATE: October 2020
• LOCATION: Middle East
• PACKAGE: Competitive salary and leave offered, housing, flight allowance and full medical insurance
• 12 MONTH RENEWABLE CONTRACT
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
• Laundry assistant is to provide guests and staff with the highest levels of service, efficiency and care with regards to their clothing and laundry whilst also including the care and maintenance of fine furnishings, upholstery and textile items throughout the villa.
• This will also include the general maintenance of the laundry machinery along with the necessary organization and maintenance of storage spaces and compartments.
• Maintaining all areas of the laundry, including laundry processing equipment and linen cupboards in a clean, hygienic and tidy condition.
• Ensuring that all cleaning equipment and materials are maintained in a safe, clean and efficient condition and reporting to the Head Housekeeper where any item of such equipment requires repair or replacement.
• Ensuring that all chemicals used in the laundry room are replenished as required and that the Head Housekeeper is made aware of the need to order chemical stocks to ensure the continuous operation of laundry processing.
• Process all household linen and residents’ personal clothing ensuring that items are processed at the correct temperatures according to the type of fabric and that all items are thoroughly cleansed and stain free.
• Ensuring that any items that require thermal disinfection are processed correctly and that infection control policies are strictly adhered to including the correct method of handling items that have been soiled with body products including the use of personal protective equipment.
• Ensure that all items of household linen and staff uniforms are ironed and pressed as required to maintain a high standard of finished articles.
• Ensure that all items of household linen and uniforms are in a good state of repair and bringing to the attention of the Head Laundry Master where any items require replacement.
• Check that uniforms are clearly labelled with the staffs’ name.
• Returning all household linens and staff uniforms to linen cupboards as appropriate.
• To understand responsibilities in relation to Fire Procedures, Health and Safety, COSHH, Infection Control and Emergency Aid.
• To undertake such other duties as may be determined from time to time within the general scope of the post and to be aware that social activities connected with the home may require voluntary work attendance outside normal working hours.
• To be cost conscious with the use of cleaning materials, linen, towels and other consumables Shoe care
• To know the high-end laundry delivery procedures like use of delivery basket, use of tissue paper and garment folding
We thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please read the full job description very carefully and ensure you meet all the criteria listed before applying. If your application meets all the criteria shall the Crew Specialist managing the position be in touch further via email/phone.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in Laundry
SKILLS & ABILITIES
• Good command of English
• Willingness to learn and teach
• Teamwork and support
• Asks questions when instructions are not clear
• Responds appropriately to instructions
• Able to work as part of a team
• Turn up to work on time, in uniform and well presented
• Confidentiality in all areas
• Ability to accept a constructive criticism as a way to progress
• Can handle time pressure
• Adapt easily to last minute changes
• Flexible with working overtime at special occasions
Hill Robinson is the leading independent yacht management company offering unparalleled services to international clientele worldwide to assist in running yachts safely and efficiently. Our highly qualified and versatile multi-lingual team is available 24/7 to provide the essential support that makes the whole yachting experience a success.
From being one of the industry’s first ever dedicated yacht management companies, our expertise and range of services has constantly grown. Starting with setting up an offshore ownership structure for your new yacht our service offer is complete all the way through to paying the crew through our Guernsey Employment Company.