Linum Consult’s client is a major company operating out of the Middle East. Due to continued growth, they are seeking a junior to mid-level Lawyer to support their senior legal team in Qatar. You must have at least 3 years’ experience working in a private practice as well as working as an in-house lawyer.
• Ensuring the activities of the company are conducted lawfully and in compliance with all relevant contracts, procedures, and regulations
• Providing full legal service to their Service Delivery and Corporate departments
• Providing research and legal opinions concerning specific issues, such as Construction & Contracts Law, Litigation and Dispute Resolution
• Interfacing with key external government and private sector stakeholders
• Supporting Corporate and Service Delivery, including assisting in dispute resolution and arbitrations
• Assisting in the development and rollout of legal strategies for litigation and dispute resolution matters
• Dealing with external solicitors and stakeholders in an efficient and cost-effective manner while obtaining external legal advice as required
• University degree in Law from a recognised law school, and admitted to a recognised Bar or holds a current practicing certificate issued by a recognised Law Society
• Around 5-7 years’ experience working in a private practice, with at least 3 years as an in-house lawyer ideally within a construction or engineering company
• Experience of major projects and dispute resolution & arbitrations
• Previous experience of working in the Middle East is preferred
• The candidate must be fluent in both written and spoken English
Linum Consult is a niche global consultancy specialising in international recruitment of white collar workers across the Construction & Engineering, Mining and Oil & Gas sectors. We provide a full 360 consultancy service for clients, candidates and partners to eliminate the potential pitfalls of international mobilisation.
All Linum Consultants are industry experts with in country, international, multi-cultural experience. We provide precise market information combined with local knowledge to help facilitate informed decisions that are often life changing.