• Provide professional advice and guidance on division specific financial, accounting, management accounting, tax and related issues, whilst demonstrating a sound understanding of the underlying principles, concepts and standards.
• Collects analyses and presents financial data, both internally and externally.
Key Job Accountabilities (Max 10, each unique, exclude generic)
• Perform the accounting of all revenues ensuring correct invoice coding.
• Perform month end reconciliation which reconciles volumes to the production allocation reports.
• Perform the quarterly price adjustment reconciliation and post the adjustment invoices
• Review allocated and direct operating costs for reasonableness and review the monthly capacity usage reconciliation.
• Review lease postings for accuracy and reasonableness.
• Ensure all cash calls are posted and accounted for correctly
• Compile the cash forecasting for technical SAP companies by coordinating and revewing input from other areas of finance. Review cash forecast for reasonableness before sending to treasury.
• Perform the monthly tax calculation.
• Coordinate and review inputs from Asset & Materials, Allocation and Planning.
• Prepare for and calculate tax post TPOB regime expiry.
• Address working level queries raised by Shareholder representatives
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual financial statements, in particular drafting various financial notes and ensuring compliance with the most up to date IFRS reporting standards
• Contribute to the preparation of Monthly Shareholder Reporting and query resolution from internal and external stakeholders.
• Produce the statistical reporting i.e PPI report, QCB Report, Sales report, foreign investments survey and energy survey.
• Preparation of adhoc reporting as required.
• Monthly upload of the production volume data in BPC and associated revenues.
• Ensure integrity of the inputs into the planning system.
• Contribute to the preparation of the annual budget and long term business plan (WP&B).
• Coordinate the approval and implementation of master data requests, ensuring that the various reporting hierarchies are consistently updated with new accounts or amended mappings
• Coordinate the monthly account reconciliation process and perform own account reconciliations.
• Ensure a strong understanding of the compliance framework including standards of internal controls, addressing control gaps and recommending process changes.
• Ensure an effective control environment is applied including application of TOFA.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in the oil and gas industry is preferred
• Strong knowledge of accounting systems.
• Strong financial knowledge in a range of areas including compilation and analysis
• Strong commercial knowledge related to the oil and gas industry
• Proficient in written and spoken English.
• Computer literacy, including working knowledge of business software programmes such as EC, SAP and BPC
• Ability to communicate effectively with internal/external clients.
• Specialised financial knowledge in a range of areas including consolidation, compilation and analysis.
• Strong analytical, organisational and planning skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Commerce.
• A member of an internationally recognized professional accounting qualification (CPA, ACA, ACCA, CIMA, etc.) is preferred.
Qatargas is a unique global energy operator in terms of size, service and reliability. The Company operates 14 Liquefied Natural Gas (LNG) trains with a total annual production capacity of 77 million tonnes. This makes Qatargas the largest LNG producer in the world.
Established in 1984, Qatargas develops, produces, and markets hydrocarbons from the world’s largest non-associated natural gas field. In addition to producing LNG, Qatargas is also a leading exporter of natural gas, helium, condensate and associated products.
Today, Qatargas continues to set the benchmark in the LNG industry as it safely and reliably supplies energy to customers all over the world.