The Staff Project Team Manager is responsible for managing implementation and service for Digital Transformation projects, will work with clients and GE employees to plan and execute projects on schedule and within budget.
– Plan and implement projects at various customer work sites including the activities of staff and subcontractors
– Managing the delivery of various IT large-scale complex technology projects
– Providing direction and guidance to the cross-functional project team for setting tactical strategies based on solid experience in the full lifecycle of the project
– Primary customer contact for the duration of each project.
– May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate/coordinate with staff as appropriate
– Proactively provide customers with product and services information and project updates
– Identify opportunities for customers to get the best value out of GE software
– Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets
– Manage a network of resources (including contractors) in support of project execution.
– Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
– Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project
– Participate in the development of proposals for projects
– Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations
– Ensure that delivered products and services achieve highest quality and performance levels
– Negotiate change orders with the customers
– Professionally represent GE during all customer communications
– Lead a varied staff that will include employees, customers, partner companies, or subcontractors
– Project Management experience in the Healthcare Digital industry
– PMI Certification
– Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university or college
– Minimum 5 years of experience as Project Manager
– Minimum 5 years of global IT experience
– Lean Six Sigma experience
– Fluent in English and Arabic
– Proactively makes or recommends decisions based on in-depth analysis;
– Able to define critical problems to be solved; Identifies data sources required to execute analytic;
– With guidance from manager, able to select and conduct advanced analytic techniques;
– Uses a formal process to present findings and recommend specific actions that relate to business objectives;
– Proposes alternative business strategies as appropriate; Applies data visualization to support finding.
– Can instruct others on processes and procedures.
– Advises the customer on most favorable outcome, anticipates potential issues to proactively circumvent issues.
– Adapts to exceptions and develops new procedures and workarounds for others to use.
– Resolves issues pertaining to scope, schedule and budget, or drive change management.
– Defines quality requirements.
– Modifies processes to simplify.
– Demonstrates ability to diagnose and solve intermediate to advanced issues.
– Can isolate highly complex scenarios down to actionable items and drive solutions across disparate functions.
– Embraces uncertainty, isolates root causes and implement corrective actions to evolve long term organizational best practices.
– Coaches others on troubleshooting and problem solving techniques.
– Serves as expert to solve highly critical escalated issues.
– Develops plans and identifies metrics to measure GE impact to customer’s bottom line, clearly articulating the GE value proposition.
– Increases client engagement to further pace and focus required to achieve business priorities and uncover desired outcomes for both the customer and GE; utilizes business acumen and domain experience to advise the customer on critical success factors for the initiative at hand; continuously influences the customer to think ahead on what is needed to acquire, deploy, and utilize the solution.
– Engages and influences other business functions to deliver to customer success factors.
– Demonstrates empathy and drives actions based on customer situations and needs.
– Anticipates potential risks and obstacles and resolves proactively in order to ensure smooth project delivery.
– Maintains high levels of customer satisfaction across all projects.
– Addresses customer concerns quickly and effectively; at times, anticipates customer concerns before they become issues.
– Leverages knowledge of market and customer segment in order to establish further credibility in the eyes of the customer.
– Acts in a consultative capacity and is provided access to key decision makers throughout the customer account.
– Establishes strong relationship with key decision makers and other leaders at multiple levels within customer organization.
– Proactively identifies and removes project obstacles or barriers on behalf of the team.
– Navigates accountability in a matrixed organization.
– Communicates and demonstrates a shared sense of purpose.
– Establishes & communicates team members’ roles in relation to their function and data.
– Shares knowledge, power and credit, establishing trust, credibility, and goodwill.
– Coordinates role responsibilities with that of others to achieve mutual goals.
– Encourages groups to work together to efficiently resolve problems.
– Proactively coaches and/or mentor’s others to improve their contribution to the team.
– Fosters relationship building between team members and those outside the team.
– Works with others to achieve goals without regard to band/title. .
– Identifies gaps in roles on teams, and is recognized for growing and distributing talent pools across the organization.
– Persists on completion of endeavors, especially in the face of overwhelming odds and setbacks. Pushes self for individual results and others through team spirit.
GE (NYSE:GE) drives the world forward by tackling its biggest challenges. By combining world-class engineering with software and analytics, GE helps the world work more efficiently, reliably, and safely. GE people are global, diverse and dedicated, operating with the highest integrity and passion to fulfill GE’s mission and deliver for our customers.
GE is a diversified technology, media and financial services company, dedicated to creating products that make life better. From aircraft engines and power generation to financial services, medical imaging, television programming and oil and gas, GE operates in more than 100 countries and employs over 300,000 people worldwide.
GE’s Oil & Gas business is a leader in the development and delivery of advanced product and service offerings for the global oil and gas industry. As a consequence of the rapid expansion of its technology base, GE’s Oil & Gas is capable of addressing the largest and most complex engineering and application challenges entirely from its own worldwide resources. So whether it’s the world’s largest LNG compression trains, re-injection of high sulfur gas, enhancing the safety and productivity of the world’s oil and gas pipelines, or equipment for the production of oil and gas from harsh environments, GE is leading the charge.